Saturday 6 October 2012

DECLUTTER: Plastic Bag Storage

My boyfriend calls me a hoarder when it comes to plastic bags. I would show you my pile but it's simply too inconvenient for me to take our everything. Haha.

I have 3 stacks: lousy plastic bags (i.e. popular, daiso, orange plastic bags), generic paper bags (harder to store) and good paper bags (pretty ones!)




My mum keeps hers like this. Just stuff them all into a bag. Horrible way.


Or maybe you pack your plastic bags likes me! Fold the up into squares but have a hard time finding the right size and folding them back into the triangle 99% of the time.

Let me introduce you to a new way I found!


A bag to store your bags!

I bet you never thought of using a drawstring bag like this! It's like a bolster case for your bags~~

What's great about it is all you have to do is stuff the plastic bags from the top (no need for folding) and pull out from the bottom! If you get the wrong size, just stuff it back from the top! :)

Here is all you need:

1. 2 pieces of 45x27cm fabric
2. Piece of elastic (about 20cm)
3. Piece of cotton tape (about 60cm)
4. Safety Pin


Step 1: Sew the long sides and pin the two short sides in.



Step 2: Place the cloth inside out like shown below and sew the long sides. Do not sew past the stitch across along the short sides. Your drawstring will be put through there.



Step 3: Pin a safety pin at the end of the cotton tape so you can put through the short side.



Step 4: Continue on and take out the safety pin. Tie a knot to finish up your drawstring.



Step 5: On the other end of the bag, pin the safety pin to the elastic and put it through the hole on the other short side.



Step 6: Sew it and cut it! This will be your bottom end :)


And viola! Your very own plastic bag holder for easy access and easy storage! Absolutely love this because it hides all the disgusting and unsightly plastic bags!

And when you pull it out, its so easy because you will be stacking the bags on top one another, so you won't pull two at the same time.



You can hang it or put it lying down in your cupboard, takes up sooo little space! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment