Monday 8 October 2012

FABRICS/DIY SUPPLIES @ CHINATOWN

Hey guys!

After my dental at Outram, I went down to Chinatown (only 1 mrt stop away) to get some hair accessories. At the same time, I would like to reveal one of my favourite places to buy my fabrics and DIY materials!


People's Park Centre! Don't confuse this with People's Park COMPLEX. It's a rather old building, MRT station is just next to this building, 2 minutes walk away!


SING MUI HENG (LEVEL 1)
This store opened earlier this year, so it's newer compared to the other stores around it. As you can see, it's quite crowded. They always have some sort of sale. You might be able to find some of the old fabrics I sold here!




These were on sale! $8/yard. 1 yard is about 91cm. You can actually see one of the fabrics I used to sell in the picture! Spot it!



This non-discounted fabrics are about $10.50/yard. Not that expensive actually! The owner is a lady from China so it might be difficult to communicate with her and her staff. But hang on, the cheap pretty fabrics are worth it!



LAI GUAN BEADS MART (LEVEL 1)
This place is the BEST store because almost everything is one-for-one! They sell hair accessories, wigs, beads, storage compartments, strings and all sorts of stuff.




They sell lots of rhinestones too! 1-for-1!



 They sell jewelry display sets and also jewelry display cases! Different kinds too. They have a SUPER wide variety and also in different colours and material!


So there! You can actually go to the market opposite the MRT, 2nd or 3rd level, they sell fabrics too! But be warned, I bought from 2 shops there and BOTH owners were dishonest. I asked for 1 metre, the first stall gave me 0.6m and the second only 0.7m. Should have brought a measuring tape. 

If you are wondering how can I be so stupid to not notice the 0.6m one, it's because I bought 2 1m fabrics from him. He gave me 0.6m for one fabric and the second fabric, I think he accidentally gave me more (he gave me about 2m) because I was disturbing him while he was cutting that.

If you know anywhere else that sell lovely DIY stuff, let me know!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment