Tuesday 25 September 2012

Hair: Pink to Blonde

I've been wanting to change my pink hair to a lovely shade of teal, but since I would have to go blonde first, so why not enjoy it while it last before going green!

I'm going to try and DIY it myself!

STORY BEHIND MY DIY JOURNEY:
I went down to a salon at Thomson Plaza and the hair stylists were SUPER reluctant to do my hair (honestly, I think they just don't have experiences with bleaching/don't have confidence in their products). They were saying it is harmful to me and asking me to reconsider. In Europe/America, it is soo common to bleach their hair/maintain blonde.

So I called my old salon and they ROSE THEIR PRICE BY LIKE HALF. 2 months ago, I did my entire head for $180. Now to do my entire head, $340. What.

So here I am, recording my journey. Be it a success/mistake, let this be enlightening!

Here is my hair. I have pink hair for 2 months, maintaining it with Manic Panic's Hot Hot Pink! (Psst, I have a new tub of 1 Hot Hot Pink and 1 New Rose for sale at $15 each! Click here to see how to use!)


Here I used a box of Revlon Colorsilk, started from the bottom of my hair. Didn't have enough for the top sadly :( But the pink came off IMMEDIATELY. No bleaching at all!

So if you dip-dyed your hair with any funky colours, just grab a box from the supermarket and blob it on!


 Here is after the second box! I bleached my roots with Palty (didn't work so well because my sis and I suck at full coverage). I only let my hair rest for 1 day but the condition of it is WAY better than if you bleach it!

I will be looking for Colorsilk's Ultra Light Sun Blonde to continue lightening it! I can't seem to find it anywhere :( Will go lighter until I feel it's light enough for green!


Salon Cost: $300+ with bleaching
DIY Cost: $40+ with NO bleaching

1 comment:

  1. can you use palty followed by manic panic? since you did mention that the latter is conditioning right?

    ReplyDelete