Tuesday 11 September 2012

Easy DIY basic denim shorts!!

So... I've decided to upload early because I have found my perfect denim highwaist!

What so great about it you say?

Well, I'm somewhat a plus-size at my bottom :( I have huge thighs (like seriously huge) and calves :'( I have to wear shorts thats are 17" across. Most shorts from F21 are too tight around my thighs, though everywhere else is perfect.

So I was at NTUC Extra and I saw them selling men's jeans for like $10+ only. IT WAS SUPER CHEAP OK. I think its quite comparable to some of the more expensive shorts out there and the fit is PERFECT. Hahaha.

REASONS TO CUT HIGHWAISTS OUT OF MEN'S JEANS
  1. Perfect highwaist length!!
  2. More loose around thighs due to straight fit cut, instead of skinny jeans cut!
  3. They have my size! (I'm fat, so it's a plus point for me!)
So I went home to slice it, handwash it, tumble dry in dryer and it looks like this below!


 It frayed quite nicely even when I didn't do much! Just scrub at the area more to fray as much as you want! However, the white threads look weird, so I went to dye it black! You're able to get the fabric dye at a Home-fix store for $6+, able to dye 2-3 highwaists!


And tada! It didn't turn out black, more of a super dark greenish blue. But it was good enough!

You can dye it another colour to give it an OOMPH! But I wanted a basic denim shorts.


This is just a simple starting post! :) But shorts like these are so easy to make and you can customise the length too! I make mine longer because it looks fine for my body proportion. My sister wore it and it looked too long. Haha.

1 comment:

  1. which NTUC XTRA did you get your jeans? I want to buy too ..Pls reply me, thank u ;)

    ReplyDelete